NHS Grampian has a key role in not only providing health services for when you are ill, but also helping you to maintain good health, and to protect against and prevent ill-health. NHS Grampian will continue to work with its partners and you, to achieve this.
So what will this mean for you?
- We will give you the information, support and skills you need to keep you healthy
- A healthy weight programme will be offered to every child who needs it
- We will increase our screening of those who may be drinking too much alcohol and, if necessary, offer a brief intervention to help them reduce their consumption
- We will support 8,120 people, who want to stop smoking, to quit by March 2011
- We will continue our breastfeeding support for new mums, increasing our breastfeeding rate to 41% by March 2011
- We will target heart health checks to those most in need.