Low Graphics |  Accessibility |  Other Languages |  Site Map |  Help |  Text Size: A |  A+ |  A++

Inpatient Information

Do you have difficulty speaking English?

If you have a problem speaking, reading or understanding the English language, we have Language Line telephone interpreting services available. 

If you prefer, we can arrange for a face-to-face interpreter, but we do need to know about this in advance.  Please ask an English-speaking friend to let staff know before you come in to hospital by calling the telephone number on your letter.

Do you have a visual impairment?

Please inform staff of any needs you may have.

Do you have a hearing impairment?

If you have any hearing difficulties please let a member of ward/clinic staff know.  If you are attending a clinic please inform a member of clinic staff on your arrival so you do not miss your appointment.  Personal loop systems may be available on request. British Sign Language interpreters are also available by arrangement.

If you are a minicom user and need to contact us, please telephone our minicom operator on (01224) 550702.  You can also fax us on (01224) 553678.

Do you have a disability?

Please inform ward staff of any additional needs you may have relating to your disability.

Do you look after someone?

If you provide unpaid help and support to a relative, partner, friend or neighbour who is in need of help because they are ill, frail, have a disability, mental illness or have a substance misuse, then you are a carer. Carers can be of any age, gender or ethnic background. For further information about carer support, please ask a member of staff for the NHS Grampian leaflet Link opens in new window'Do you look after someone?'. There is also information for carers on the NHS Grampian website.