Also in Ugie Hospital - Peterhead:
Ugie Hospital, Ugie Road, Peterhead, AB42 1LZ
Tel: 01779 472011 Fax: 01779 822600
Ugie Hospital is situated in the Buchanhaven area of the fishing port of Peterhead on the north east coast. It's set in its own grounds overlooking the Ugie estuary and the golf course. Originally named the Burgh Hospital, it was built as a fever hospital and opened in 1807 with 2 wards, each with 14 beds, and an administration / staff accommodation block. Having seen many changes over the years, including becoming part of the NHS in 1948, the hospital was renamed Ugie in 1953 to reflect these.
The hospital is supported by GPs from the Peterhead or Crimond practice and a Consultant Geriatrician and Consultant Psychiatrist.