Low Graphics |  Accessibility |  Other Languages |  Site Map |  Help |  Text Size: A |  A+ |  A++

Travel information

Travelling by car or bus

The main entrance to Royal Cornhill Hospital is situated on Cornhill Road, which can be accessed from Westburn Road. There are also entrances on Ashgrove Road and Berryden Road (open only during daytime hours).  

Free parking is available in various places around the site. 

For information about bus routes and times, please call First Aberdeen Busline on (01224) 650065 www.firstgroup.com or Stagecoach / Bluebird Buses on (01224) 212266 www.stagecoachbus.com/bluebird.

Please see the  Link opens in new windowRoyal Cornhill Hospital site map (pdf) for more information. You can also use the Automobile Association (AA) website at Link opens in new windowwww.theaa.com.  If using this website, please use the postcode AB25 2ZH when describing the end of your journey.

Travel costs

If you are in receipt of certain Social Security benefits, e.g. Income Support or Family Credit, or live in the Highlands and Islands area, you may be entitled to assistance with hospital travel costs. You should bring details of your benefit(s) and your travel tickets with you when you attend hospital. Reimbursement is dealt with by the Patients' Funds Office and is normally payable by the cheapest form of public transport.

Fitness to drive

Some illnesses may make it unsafe for you to drive and mean that you must tell the Department of Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA) of your illness. Please ask the ward staff for a leaflet. If you read the leaflet and are still unsure, please ask your doctor for advice.