The NHS Grampian Spiritual Care Committee meets at least four times a year to support the integrated planning and delivery of spiritual care services within Grampian.
The remit of the Committee is to:
- Provide advice on and a forum for developing NHS Grampian's spiritual care policy and overseeing its implementation and review.
- Promote the integration of Spiritual Care in the daily aspects of NHS care provision.
- Maintain partnership between local service providers, spiritual care staff and local faith communities.
- Provide an advisory function to those giving spiritual care.
- Oversee the process for the appointment of spiritual care staff.
- Receive the annual departmental report and seek feedback from faith communities, its constituent members etc.
Membership comprises representatives of:
- The main faith communities in Grampian
- Patients or members of the public
- NHS staff
- Spiritual care staff and volunteers
- People without specified religious beliefs.
- The Head of Spiritual Care appointed by NHS Grampian
- Other managers with responsibility for spiritual care
A Board Member of NHS Grampian acts as convener.
Spiritual Care Policy
NHS Grampian Spiritual Care Policy (2013)
To contact the Spiritual Care Committee:
Telephone: 01224 558584