The NHS Grampian Spiritual Care Committee meets at least four times a year to support the integrated planning and delivery of spiritual care services within Grampian.
The remit of the Committee is to:
- Provide advice on and a forum for developing NHS Grampian's spiritual care policy and overseeing its implementation and review.
- Promote the integration of Spiritual Care in the daily aspects of NHS care provision.
- Maintain partnership between local service providers, spiritual care staff and local faith communities.
- Provide an advisory function to those giving spiritual care.
- Oversee the process for the appointment of spiritual care staff.
- Receive the annual departmental report and seek feedback from faith communities, its constituent members etc.
Membership comprises representatives of:
- The main faith communities in Grampian
- Patients or members of the public
- NHS staff
- Spiritual care staff and volunteers
- People without specified religious beliefs.
- The Spiritual Care Manager appointed by NHS Grampian
- Other managers with responsibility for spiritual care
A Board Member of NHS Grampian acts as convener. This is currently Bill Howatson, Chairman of NHS Grampian.
Spiritual Care Policy
NHS Grampian Spiritual Care Policy (2013)
To contact the Spiritual Care Committee:
Telephone: 01224 558584