Breastfeeding has enormous health benefits for both mother and baby, and is the most natural and healthiest way for a mother to feed her baby, providing the baby with the best start in life.
Don't just take our word for it!
Listen to 3 local women and a health visitor talk about their views and experiences of breastfeeding (will play in Microsoft Media Player):
Babyfeeding Matters Forum
You can use the free forum to share your stories, concerns, successes and hot-tips regarding all matters related to babyfeeding. We would also appreciate feedback on how we can tailor the site to meet your specific needs.
For local advice and information around breastfeeding please contact:
- Parenthood Department (Monday-Friday) Aberdeen Maternity Hospital on Tel: (01224) 552615
- Elgin Infant Feeding Midwives on Tel: 01343 567531 or via ward 3 on 01343 567220
- Midwives Unit on Tel: (01224) 552777
- NCT Breastfeeding Helpline (8am-10pm, 7 days a week) on Tel: 0870 444 8708
* - This is a link to an external website. Please note that NHS Grampian is not responsible for the content or the accuracy of these external websites.