Low Graphics |  Accessibility |  Other Languages |  Site Map |  Help |  Text Size: A |  A+ |  A++

General Practitioners

Also in GPs:

When you have an illness or injury that just won't go away, make an appointment to see your General Practitioner (GP). 
Your GP, also known as your family doctor, will carry out detailed examinations and provide advice, information and prescriptions.  Your doctor can also refer you to specialist healthcare professionals.
Find your local GP on either of the following sites:
Link opens in new windowWhy you should register with your GP
Link opens in new windowGP Registration Form
Link opens in new windowMedicines in Scotland: What's the right treatment for me?

What to do if you're ill and your GP surgery isn't open

Out-of-hours medical services in Grampian are provided by G-MED, and are integrated with NHS 24, Scotland's round-the-clock telephone advice service. If you need medical advice when your own practice is closed you should call NHS 24 on 111 who will give you advice or refer you to an out-of-hours doctor or nurse.
Know Who To Turn To lists the full range of services available to you, as well as guidance on when to use them.

Aberdeen City



Unauthorised photography, filming or recording

No one is allowed to make unauthorised photos, video or audio recordings in NHS Grampian buildings and grounds, particularly if they feature other patients, staff, carers, or visitors.  This is to respect the privacy and dignity of individuals using our services and also our staff.