Low Graphics |  Accessibility |  Other Languages |  Site Map |  Help |  Text Size: A |  A+ |  A++

Feedback and Complaints

Also in Feedback and Complaints:

NHS Grampian Feedback Service

The people who look after your health will do whatever they can to make sure you are treated properly and promptly and we are always happy to hear about your experiences of the NHS, good or bad. 

If you are unhappy with any aspect of the service you receive please speak to the person in charge of the area, who will try to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.

We accept that sometimes things can go wrong and the aim of the NHS complaints procedure is to give you a quick and thorough response to your complaint by those who know most about your care. If for any reason, you would prefer not to speak to a member of staff, you can contact a member of the Feedback Service about making a complaint.

The NHS Scotland Public Facing Model Complaints Handling Procedure (pdf)

You can contact us to praise staff, comment on our standards of care or let us know your views on any other aspect of NHS services in Grampian by the following:


NHS Grampian Feedback Service
Summerfield House
2 Eday Road
AB15 6RE

Tel: 0345 337 6338

E-mail nhsgrampian.feedback@nhs.net

The Feedback Service is open during the office hours of Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm.

Alternatively, you can complete a Feedback Card which can be found throughout NHS Grampian at clinics and practices (please tick the Complaint box on the card to confirm you wish to make a formal complaint).

Further information

Information about your rights and responsibilities when providing feedback, raising concerns or making a complaint about your care is available on the NHS inform website.

This NHSScotland Feedback and Complaints Factsheet explains your rights and responsibilities when leaving feedback or making a complaint about your care, and how the NHS will deal with it.

Raising concerns about nurses or midwives - Produced by the Nursing & Midwifery Council, this leaflet explains what you can do if you are unhappy about the care or behaviour of a nurse or midwife.

NHS Grampian Handling and Learning from Feedback Annual Report

Patient Advice and Support Service

0845 330 5012


The Patient Advice and Support Service (PASS) is part of the Scottish Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) Service. The service is independent and provides free, confidential information, advice and support to anyone who uses the NHS in Scotland. It aims to support patients, their carers and families in their dealings with the NHS and in other matters affecting their health. The service promotes an awareness and understanding of the rights and responsibilities of patients. It also advises and supports people who wish to give feedback, make comments, raise concerns or make a complaint about treatment and care provided by the NHS in Scotland.

Patient Advice and Support Service (PASS) from Citizens Advice Scotland on Vimeo.


Scottish Public Services Ombudsman

The Scottish Ombudsman (SPSO) issues monthly reports into complaints against NHS Grampian and can be inspected or obtained from the Scottish Ombudsman's website.