How to access Low Vision Aids?

Your Ophthalmologist, Orthoptist, Optometrist, Paediatrician, Vision Support Teacher, Social Worker or GP can refer your child to an NHS Low Vision Aids Clinic for an assessment.

Depending on the age of your child an eye examination would be recommended within one year before attending a low vision assessment.

Ideally children with partial sight should learn how to use aids at the earliest opportunity.

Vision Support Teachers may also advise or provide training to help your child make the most of their magnifier while in school.

Low vision aids are free of charge if accessed through an NHS clinic