What is Registration?

Q/ What is registration?

A/ There is a register for blind and partially sighted people, which exists to enable your local council to plan its services. If your child is registered it may help you to claim certain benefits and concessions. Social work support services are obliged to hold the register for each area within Grampian.

If your child has a severe visual impairment there may be an option to have your child registered as blind or partially sighted. It is important to note that being registered does not necessarily mean that your child is totally blind, it is just a measure of your child's level of vision.

There is no difference to the amount of support available to you or your child, whether registered Blind, Partially Sighted or Non-Registered.