You are here: Home ? Public Health ? Health Campus Programme ? Projects ? The Matthew Hay Building ? Special Features of The Matthew Hay Building
Special Features of The Matthew Hay Building
- Separate lifts for movement of patients.
- Separate link corridors for movement of patients to Main Theatre Suite and other facilities in Aberdeen Royal Infirmary.
- Separate lifts for use by facilities staff for the movement of clean goods into the building and used goods out of the building.
- Predominantly single room accommodation all with en-suite toilet and shower facilities.
- Tracked hoists for simple movement of patients between en-suite and bed space.
- Pneumatic tube for immediate transfer of samples to laboratory services.
- Card activated security access system.
- All windows with the exception of isolation rooms open to allow natural ventilation and improve patient comfort.
- Operational Centre providing co-located workspace for NHS 24, GMED, Social Work, Community Nursing.
- Shared reception for Emergency Department and GMED ensuring patients are directed to most appropriate service.
- Joint resuscitation area optimising care for adult and paediatric patients.
- Medical High Dependency Unit incorporating General High Dependency, GI Bleeding Unit and Coronary Care Unit.
- Co-location of Emergency Department and radiology facilities.
- Geriatric Assessment Unit for comprehensive geriatric assessment.
- Specialist pressure rooms for the management of patients with infectious conditions.
- Conference Suite on Level 5 comprising flexible seminar and teaching accommodation.
- Teaching room on each level.