This section includes advice for drugs used in contraception, also see the supplementary advice below.
In this section:
7.3.2 Progestogen-only contraceptives
7.3.3 Spermicidal contraceptives
7.3.4 Contraceptive devices
7.3.5 Emergency contraception
The Clinical Guidance section on the "The Faculty of Reproductive and Sexual Health Website" http://www.fsrh.org/pages/clinical_guidance.asp provides comprehensive guidance on all aspects of contraception.
UK Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use 2009 (UKMEC) provides criteria which relate to the safety (in terms of direct health risks) of using a contraceptive method with certain medical conditions or using certain drugs.
- UK Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use 2009 (UKMEC Guidance):
- Missed Pill Recommendations: http://www.fsrh.org/pdfs/CEUStatementMissedPills.pdf
- Postnatal Sexual and Reproductive Health: http://www.fsrh.org/pdfs/CEUGuidancePostnatal09.pdf
- Contraception for women aged over 40s: http://www.fsrh.org/pdfs/ContraceptionOver40July10.pdf
- Drug Interactions with Contraception: http://www.fsrh.org/pdfs/CEUGuidanceDrugInteractionsHormonal.pdf
- Quick Starting contraception: http://www.fsrh.org/pdfs/CEUGuidanceQuickStartingContraception.pdf